Quality Control Division
The Quality Control department of the Corporation was started from 2007 onwards. From 2008-2009 to 2013-2014, the quality testing was performed for 100% items supplied along with the in-house test report at the time of acceptance in each warehouses.
Later, on 2014-2015 onwards, NABL test report is mandatory to accept the items in the concerned warehouses. Random testing is carried out apart from the NABL test report.
On 2018-19 onwards “QC approval section” started functioning.
Major Functions carried out by the department
· QC approval
· Random testing-KMSCL QC
· Complaint sample testing
· Continuous Quality Testing
· Sample Evaluation for selected items.
· Toll free number for complaint reporting
· Empanelment of NABL Labs
Quality Assurance Wing
· Deals with all complaints with regards to quality of drugs / consumables.
· Toll-free number established from 2020-21 onwards-For reporting any issues related to quality of drugs in all institutions.
· Any issues related to quality of drugs and supplies can be addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org
· Toll Free Complaint Number-1800-425-0945
· Any issues related to “QC Approval” can be addressed to email@example.com.
QC Approval Wing
· It is the centralised approval wing started at HQ from 2018-19 tender year onwards. Previously it was performed in each warehouse indigenously.
· Deals with all approval/ rejection of reports ( In-house / NABL/CDL etc.) as the first stage before despatching the consignments by the supplier to warehouses.
When a product comes under blacklisting purview, the available batches of that particular product will undergo testing at Govt.DTL / NABL Labs
Procedure of Empanelling of NABL Drugs Testing Laboratories & conditions
· Shall have valid approval under D& C Act, GLP ,NABL certifications
· 3 years market standing in the testing of drugs and consumables
· Not less than 25 lakhs turnover
· Should be independent laboratory, located in India.
· Should not have suspended/ blacklisted by any of the Corporation/Central /State Governments.
· On successful completion of inspection and recommendation by the experts, price bid evaluated, matching the prices, LOI and agreement executed.
· Empanelment of NABL labs is for 2 year